MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 29554
Location: NYC
bygranddesign wrote:
It’s fair to provide updates on Kelenic’s performance

No one was objecting when people called him a bust and overrated

No one called him a bust, but overrated... well some people want to send him directly to Cooperstown so how could he not be overrated?? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 7258
Saying a kid is overrated is sometimes used as a sly way of knocking a prospect but with little accountability

I understand if you saying something like - You are overrating the prospect because you think he is the 2nd coming of Willie Mays

But if you are saying in general that he is an overrated prospect then you are in opposition to the general consensus

Kelenic has been generally rated in the 50-70 prospect range ... if you think he is overrated than you disagree with that assessment and therefore you will be very wrong if he ends up being a top 20 prospect in baseball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 25099
Location: Harlem
bygranddesign wrote:
Saying a kid is overrated is sometimes used as a sly way of knocking a prospect but with little accountability

I understand if you saying something like - You are overrating the prospect because you think he is the 2nd coming of Willie Mays

But if you are saying in general that he is an overrated prospect then you are in opposition to the general consensus

Kelenic has been generally rated in the 50-70 prospect range ... if you think he is overrated than you disagree with that assessment and therefore you will be very wrong if he ends up being a top 20 prospect in baseball


Most of the chatter about his being overrated was a direct response to his being compared favorably to Curtis Granderson in the context of that being a lower-end outcome.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:27 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 7258
I think it was LTK that made that comp and he said it because they have a similar skill set

Which I think is reasonable - I don’t think he was saying that Grandy was some easily attainable lower end projection for Kelenic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 25902
Location: charleston, sc
bygranddesign wrote:
I think it was LTK that made that comp and he said it because they have a similar skill set

Which I think is reasonable - I don’t think he was saying that Grandy was some easily attainable lower end projection for Kelenic


That was my interpretation as well.

Speed, power, defensively solid, high BB, high K.

I think it's an apt comparison.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 29554
Location: NYC
R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
LOL, every time Kellenic has a multi-hit we're going to hear this. :D


A couple of multi-hit games by Cano would go a long way toward muting that.


8)

As if there is some doubt about this happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:40 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 29554
Location: NYC
northway wrote:
bygranddesign wrote:
Saying a kid is overrated is sometimes used as a sly way of knocking a prospect but with little accountability

I understand if you saying something like - You are overrating the prospect because you think he is the 2nd coming of Willie Mays

But if you are saying in general that he is an overrated prospect then you are in opposition to the general consensus

Kelenic has been generally rated in the 50-70 prospect range ... if you think he is overrated than you disagree with that assessment and therefore you will be very wrong if he ends up being a top 20 prospect in baseball


Most of the chatter about his being overrated was a direct response to his being compared favorably to Curtis Granderson in the context of that being a lower-end outcome.

Not at all. Some people here have been talking about him like he’s the next Trout since he was drafted. He may end up being very good or he may not. But he’s played what, 15 games above rookie ball..? May get a little better idea of what sort of player he can be after he’s actually played a full season.

I understand the disappointment of giving up a potentially good young player but he’s gone and he’s not coming back folks. At some point you’ll have to move on. There’s especially no point in having this eat you up inside before he actually turns into anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 9269
Four weeks in:

Relic Cano (WAR 0.3)
AB 95, H 27, HR 3, R 9, RBI 11, BA .284, OBP .340, SLG .453, OPS .792, OPS+ 117

Edwin Diaz (WAR 0.5)
ERA 1.04, G 10, SV 7, IP 8.2, SO 16, WHIP 1.038

Jay Bruce (WAR 0.3)
AB 81, H 16, HR 9, R 15, RBI 16, BA .198, OBP .275, SLG .568, OPS .844, OPS+ 123

Anthony Swarzak (WAR 0.4)
ERA 3.24, G 9, SV 3, IP 8.1, SO 11, WHIP 1.200

Justin Dunn (AAA)
ERA 3.44, G 4, GS 4, IP 18.1, H 16, R 8, ER 7, HR 0, BB 8, K 27, WHIP 1.309

Jarred Kelenic (A)
AB 75, H 24, HR 2, R 13, RBI 10, BB 13, K 22, BA .320, OBP .427, SLG .493, OPS .920

Gerson Bautista (Injured)

_________________
Cano/Diaz for Kelenic/Dunn will go down as the worst trade in franchise history.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63146
You’re missing a negative sign re Swarzak. And Dunn is in AA.’


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 9269
45% of the season in on Brodie "Come Get Us" Van Wagenen's career defining trade:


Relic Cano (WAR -0.4)
AB 175, H 42, HR 3, R 16, RBI 14, BA .240, OBP .289, SLG .371, OPS .660, OPS+ 78

Armando Diaz (WAR 0.4)
ERA 3.77, G 30, SV 15, SVO 18, IP 28.2, K 45, WHIP 1.360, FIP 3.25

vs.

Jay Bruuuuce (WAR 1.1)
AB 204, H 47, HR 19, R 36, RBI 41, BA .230, OBP .293, SLG .574, OPS .867, OPS+ 127

Anthony Swarzak (WAR 0.4)
ERA 3.12, G 27, SV 4, SVO 7, IP 26.0, K 33, WHIP 1.231, FIP 5.76


PLUS!


Justin Dunn (AA)
ERA 3.66, G 12, GS 12, IP 59.0, H 58, R 31, ER 24, HR 3, BB 18, K 72, WHIP 1.288

Jarred "Chipper Jones" Kelenic (A / A+)
AB 215, H 68, HR 13, R 40, RBI 34, BB 27, K 50, BA .316, OBP .398, SLG .595, OPS .993

Gerson Bautista (Injured)

_________________
Cano/Diaz for Kelenic/Dunn will go down as the worst trade in franchise history.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:10 pm 
Online
Manager

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 6962
72 K for Dunn not 27.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 7258
Kelenic has been on the DL for awhile now

Anyone know what happened?

Did BVW do a Gillooly on him?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chin Music, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MetFan29, sluger11787, slugox, stevereiff, zaknim and 145 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media