MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Mets Draft Thoughts and Opinions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:28 pm 
Veteran Presence

If Baty, Wolf and Allan all sign, where would you guys slot them in the Mets prospect rankings?

Allan and Baty at 3-4 behind Gimenez and Mauricio? Wolf in the back end of the top 10 behind Kay, SWR, Peterson and Szapucki?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 pm 
NYFS Staff

Is there anyone that can make a list of all college players we drafted that are playing this weekend? I know they're in different threads here in the draft folder, but I'm too lazy to find them. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:39 pm 
Veteran Presence

Dog wrote:
Is there anyone that can make a list of all college players we drafted that are playing this weekend? I know they're in different threads here in the draft folder, but I'm too lazy to find them. :)

Jake Mangum and Cole Gordon - Mississippi State vs Stanford

Antoine Duplantis - LSU vs Florida State

Kennie Taylor - Duke vs Vanderbilt

I think that's it as far as D1 guys go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:16 pm 
Rookie

https://www.mlb.com/news/best-hauls-of- ... -mlb-draft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 pm 
General Manager

The Juice wrote:
If Baty, Wolf and Allan all sign, where would you guys slot them in the Mets prospect rankings?

Allan and Baty at 3-4 behind Gimenez and Mauricio? Wolf in the back end of the top 10 behind Kay, SWR, Peterson and Szapucki?

I'd have Baty over Allan

Just because they were close anyway talent wise and i sort of lean towards valuing young hitters more (less risk)

Gimenez
Roma
Baty
Allan
Vientos
Peterson
Kay
SWR
Wolf
Pucky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:40 pm 
NYFS Staff

The Juice wrote:
Dog wrote:

Jake Mangum and Cole Gordon - Mississippi State vs Stanford

Antoine Duplantis - LSU vs Florida State

Kennie Taylor - Duke vs Vanderbilt

I think that's it as far as D1 guys go.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 pm 
NYFS Staff

Watching Mangum tonight, he runs the bases like Ichiro. Dude can fly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:25 am 
Everyday Player

I do think an underrated part of this draft is that we potentially add a ton of OF athleticism to the system.... not easy to do with over half your draft being college seniors.

Brodie didn't exactly take the strategy of casting a wide net this year, and I think we are all ok with that, but in this case we are trying to sign a half dozen guys who can all run the ball down, and then see if any of them can learn to hit with authority.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:12 am 
NYFS Staff

We really needed pitching, as always, but OF and 3b, and I think that was addressed.

Might be some sleepers in there or snoozers among the seniors...Mangum, Struble...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:14 pm 
Everyday Player

Maldonado is an interesting guy to keep an eye on, as far as our CF depth is concerned. He's young, and has size, and totally raw, but this dude can fly. Normally, I wouldn't even pay much attention until he signs, but being a PR academy kid, odds should be in our favor.

Last year he ripped of a 6.21 60-yard dash. In context, Kelenic was a 6.57, Witt was a 6.4, and super athlete Jerrion Ealy set a record 6.13. This year, he dropped to a 6.49 (still easily plus). Now, it's not abnormal for kids to fill out and drop some speed, but in his case his 10-yard split was terrible.... not sure if there was a reason he was getting off the blocks slow that day, but to post a 1.7 10-yard, and finish 6.49, means you are closing like a cheetah.

Post subject: The other half of the Mets draft, who do you like?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

A personal request, discuss players they've signed, not the highschooler drafted in the 20s who they are unlikely to sign, - we could make a separate thread for that.

I read that someone said "Typical Mets draft in the later rounds just more college seniors". I don't remember who said that, but it doesn't bode well, though I personally think the mets have done as well in the later rounds as most other team in recent years. I'm open for correction on that, but it's such a crap shoot, I'm not sure it's accurate to say they did badly.

Anyhoo - thoughts?

I like some of the players they took rounds 4-10.

Post subject: Re: The other half of the Mets draft, who do you like?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 pm 
Veteran Presence

Mangum
Ashford
Ota
Martinson
Duplantis
O'Neill
Fryman
Senger
Gordon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next