MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 am 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
A month from now.

I don't think thats true. I believe there is no signing deadline for seniors. You control them until a week before next year's draft, then they become a FA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:02 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Oh, didn't know that. If that's the case, that's pretty suboptimal, yikes.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

brodie is the worst GM in human history

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am 
Legend of NYFS

The leverage they have is team needs to sign them to use their "savings" so if they wanted to they could hold the bonus pool hostage. But from my very rudimentary understanding of this whole process, these guys are basically signed before they are picked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:21 pm 
Prospect

Fangraphs just updated their team prospect lists; they included the team’s draft picks from Day 1 and 2 since they’re very likely to sign (and will remove them later if they don’t) as well as all confirmed signings from Day 3. So the Mets list has Baty, Allan, and Wolf because they were Day 1 and 2 draft picks but they also list Dalton Fowler, and as a Day 3 pick Fangraphs would only be including him if his signing was confirmed. I’ve seen nothing about him signing but they listed him.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/instagraphs ... -rankings/

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the ... 0&team=nym

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm 
Veteran Presence

red hat wrote:
Fangraphs just updated their team prospect lists; they included the team’s draft picks from Day 1 and 2 since they’re very likely to sign (and will remove them later if they don’t) as well as all confirmed signings from Day 3. So the Mets list has Baty, Allan, and Wolf because they were Day 1 and 2 draft picks but they also list Dalton Fowler, and as a Day 3 pick Fangraphs would only be including him if his signing was confirmed. I’ve seen nothing about him signing but they listed him.

I can't take seriously any prospect list, one that is "updated" to boot, that still includes Desmond Lindsay. Not just near the top 10 or top 20, but on the list period. The kid can't hit. End of story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Curious sidebar, but despite graduating HS 2 years later, Baty is 28 days older than Vientos.

I'd personally rank Baty higher, on nothing more than a hunch and liking his swing, where Vientos is more of a power potential who might have contact issues, but I could easily be wrong.

It'll be interesting to see two guys who play the same position and are the same age going through the system at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

The Juice wrote:
red hat wrote:

I can't take seriously any prospect list, one that is "updated" to boot, that still includes Desmond Lindsay. Not just near the top 10 or top 20, but on the list period. The kid can't hit. End of story.

It looks like they re-worked their top 100 but left everyone else where they were. I kind of get that. It's probably a lot of work to rework the entire list for every team.

From before the season: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2019-top-100-prospects/

I think Kay is above Newton now in the 5 spot. Allen might be 6, but I'd really like to get a scouting report from GCL first, even if he pitches sparingly. SWR also makes a strong case for #6, possibly 5 dropping Newton to 8, if my math is right and Newton/Peterson is a bit of a toss-up for me in the 8/9 spots with maybe Szapucki or Wolf at 10, again, I'd like to get a report on wolf from someone who sees him at GCL.

Lindsay should all drop and I'd put Cortes ahead of Toffey and ahead of Lindsay as well. Cortes, the not yet seen Alvarez and Kilome are in the running for 12-14.

It doesn't feel like a horrible system anymore. Mauricio in the top 50. Kay possibly in the top 100. SWR looking good and potentially 2 first round draft pick level players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 pm 
Prospect

red hat wrote:

I wasn’t concerned about the specific rankings; I was curious if the Mets had indeed signed Fowler or his inclusion on the list was a mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Jacob Resnick
‏ @Jacob_Resnick
26m26 minutes ago

The #Mets have signed their 23rd-round draft pick, RHP Nick MacDonald from FIU.

Link

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:05 am 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Matt Ehalt
‏Verified account @MattEhalt
4m4 minutes ago

Some breaking news: The Mets have agreed on a deal with their 2nd-round pick, Texas prep, righty, Josh Wolf, per a league source.

He will sign for above slot. Slot value is $1,370,400.

Deal should be finalized next week.

Link

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MAXIMUM #LOLMETS INCOMING IN 3...2...1
(also I fixed it, you guys and gals happy now?)

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

brodie is the worst GM in human history

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 am 
NYFS Staff

Thank you!

So 1.8m including overage penalty, plus Allen's 667k.-- 2.5m to sign him, or $2m to sign Barco.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next