MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The too early, mets top 10 prosects right now thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:11 am 
Everyday Player

Kay being eight spots ahead of Peterson is such a crazy overreaction.

(I'm just gonna ignore that you prospect-fatigued Gimenez all the way down to sixth)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:01 am 
NYFS Staff

I listened to the Complex to Queens podcast from Amazin Avenue yesterday and I believe they basically had Allan in the top 5, Baty in the 4-6 range, and Wolf 10-12 range when just talking about where those three would rank.

It was a very general discussion not really accounting for movement from the season. Seems they feel Wolf will be like SWR as of right now, which they believe profiles as a relief/closer type more then a long term starter. But again that is based on very early development of those two players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:28 pm 
Legend of NYFS

It's insane to throw a "future closer" tag on a 19 year old.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:32 pm 
NYFS Staff

In reality it's certainly insane. But they are being asked to profile what they think they will be from reports and watching them play. I'm sure they would say in all honesty they are just guessing for the most part but that's the name of the game when ranking players that young.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:58 am 
Franchise Player

My list of guys I’m excited about in order:
Ronny Mauricio
Brett Baty
Fransico Alvarez
Matthew Allan
Magnum, C.F.
Mark Vientos
Dutch Newton
SWR
Junior Santos
Sam Haggarty
Josh Wolf

Haggarty is fast and gets on. Why he’s there. Santos is big. Newton has tools. SWR ks. Mauricio it’s obvious. Alvarez is a prospect. Allan has a curveball. Wolf 2nd round. Is there any doubt Magnum won’t be a big leaguer? And Baty for the bat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 am 
Franchise Player

I prospect fatigued Giminez off my list. He’s a good, little player. Not my style though. Best outcome? Ruben with a better glove? High floor perhaps when that floor is .230 with good defense. Essentially I expect Ad Hech which does not move my needle. I respect you if you think I’m crazy for this opinion is controversial and probably against prospect industry projections. I like tall guys or fast guys or strong guys. And if you’re not that, you better get a lot of hits.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 am 
Everyday Player

Gimenez may end up being a more athletic version of Ruben but I think to say that's his "best outcome" is a tad ridiculous.

I have prospect fatigue with him, too, but including Sam "hello I'm Danny Muno with speed" Haggarty on a list over him is taking shiny new toy syndrome to incomprehensible levels.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 am 
Legend of NYFS

Hot Takes wrote:
Gimenez may end up being a more athletic version of Ruben but I think to say that's his "best outcome" is a tad ridiculous.

I have prospect fatigue with him, too, but including Sam "hello I'm Danny Muno with speed" Haggarty on a list over him is taking shiny new toy syndrome to incomprehensible levels.

Prospect fatigue for a guy at 20??? Sheesh. Talk about impatience... The fact that Gimenez is even keeping his head above water (RC+ 96) while being the 3rd youngest player in the EL is pretty remarkable. The guy has a very bright future with solid across the board perhaps just lacking over the wall power but with this ball, I wouldn’t count that out. I would expect the numbers to catch up by next year as his body matures. Sleeping on this prospect is a mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:54 am 
Everyday Player

Hey I'm the one defending Gimenez!

He's been the top prospect here for two years in a row and was Top 10 pre-2017, so despite his age, prospect fatigue is valid (as "valid" as prospect fatigue can be, I guess). We've been hearing his name for awhile and people get tired of hearing the same names.

But some of the drops I'm seeing are a bit much, of course. Not denying that. Being "excited" about Sam Haggerty and not Gimenez is strange.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 am 
Everyday Player

Gimenez is still unquestionably a top two prospect in this system. I think I like Mauricio more because there's more to dream on but Gimenez is about as safe of a prospect as you're gonna find and I'm not convinced he's devoid of upside either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Someone tell me why you're excited about Gimenez and not just as excited about Guillorme.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm 
Everyday Player

tejdog1 wrote:
Someone tell me why you're excited about Gimenez and not just as excited about Guillorme.

One -- Gimenez isn't a slap hitter; he's just physically weak compared to his peers. He won't grow into a ton of power but he will grow into more than Guillorme. Two -- Gimenez is a better athlete than Guillorme. Three -- I'm Guillorme's biggest fan on this site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next