MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 am 
Legend of NYFS

Hot Takes wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Hot Takes wrote:
I'd put the odds of Wheeler accepting a QO at below 10% unless he has a disastrous rest-of-the-season.

Really?

we can't say for sure until the end of the year, but based on right now, I'd put it at closer to 60% chance he accepts.

A #30 something draft pick return wouldn't be terrible. I'd want at least that in trade.

Yes.

I don't know why some are so afraid of him accepting a QO. Wheeler's having a disappointing year but front offices these days are usually willing to look past ERAs if the stuff and peripherals are good, which they are.

He'll likely get a multi-year deal and I don't see him passing that up for a QO.

I’m not afraid of him accepting. But I would expect the return for him to be better and with far less variance than a pick after the 2020 2nd rd.

As fas as him accepting or not, we’ve seen now with Keuchel and Kimbrel how averse teams are to giving up their 2nd highest pick. The gauntlet has now been thrown. Teams will now have to be prepared for players to accept QOs bc we see how it impacts their market. And because of this, teams will think twice and 3 times before making the offer.

In the abstract I don’t think the Mets would be upset to have Wheeler for one more year, but that is a short term solution while they may be hoping to turn him into a longer term asset. They can do the latter while also retaining the ability to re-sign him in the winter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am 
Legend of NYFS

Let’s see some non-sarcastic predictions for what they do at the deadline...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:52 am 
Legend of NYFS

I'm not crazy about paying Wheeler significantly more money next year to rinse/repeat while holding my breath every time he releases the ball.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:06 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

Serious guess:

Frazier and Wheeler (and all their combined money) will be packaged to Minnesota for Gonsalves, Littell and Tyler Wells. Guessing July 26th.

Vargas to Yankees (who miss out on Bumgarner and Bauer) for a FV 30 and all his salary.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Let’s see some non-sarcastic predictions for what they do at the deadline...

Trade Frazier for nothing
Trade Vargas for like a 24 year old A baller or two who throw mid 90s with 25 present/40 future command

Refuse to pick up salary on Wheeler, trade him for something every single person deems to be underwhelming

Something absurdly stupid like Dom, Guillorme, and Newton/Szapucki for Marcus Stroman

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Astros are obviously going to step up their pursuit of a starter(s) now that Peacock is out after Martin went down and Whitley doesn’t seem like an option. They may have to move McHugh and/or James back into the rotation in the meantime. With their division lead tightening, they probably won’t wait much longer to pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:52 pm 
Rookie

What is Rosario's trade value like, I wonder. Clearly not good so far, but a former top prospect at a premium position.

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:14 pm 
Franchise Player

MetsWhiz93 wrote:
What is Rosario's trade value like, I wonder. Clearly not good so far, but a former top prospect at a premium position.

He's not going to be on the radar for a contender.

Rosario's trade value is with a rebuilding team that thinks he could be their SS of the future during the winter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm 
Rookie

Metsfan980 wrote:
MetsWhiz93 wrote:

Rosario's trade value is with a rebuilding team that thinks he could be their SS of the future during the winter.

A contender, no, but I wonder if the Mets could get someone's Jake Odorizzi or something for him.

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:02 am 
Veteran Presence

MetsWhiz93 wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
MetsWhiz93 wrote:

A contender, no, but I wonder if the Mets could get someone's Jake Odorizzi or something for him.

That's crazy he is only 23. Look at Dom or Gary Sanchez. Amed has too many tools and has the athletic ability to figure it out with hard work and repetition

He has a decent shot of ending the year with 27-30 doubles 6 triples and 16-18 home runs. Showing improvement all 3 years

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

ndfordarling wrote:
[

That's crazy he is only 23. Look at Dom or Gary Sanchez. Amed has too many tools and has the athletic ability to figure it out with hard work and repetition

He has a decent shot of ending the year with 27-30 doubles 6 triples and 16-18 home runs. Showing improvement all 3 years

Dom is a nice example. 2018 he looked lost. 2019 he's confident and hitting and he may continue to be a 300 hitter, even if he's fallen off a little bit.

That SS on the Yankees is another example. He struggled for a couple years, the Yanks got him cheap and he turned into a plus player.

Rosario could figure things out. Other players in his situation have.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am 
Everyday Player

I think most would be more willing to go along with Rosario's learning curve at the plate if his glove were even passable at SS. But it's not.

I do like his potential at the plate but it gets harder to play him at SS everyday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 109  Next