MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rosenthal: D'Arnaud In Play, Big Deal
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:33 am 
Legend of NYFS

Ismael Cruz signed Rafael Montero, Luis Mateo, Wilmer Flores, Familia and Tapia... he now runs international operations in Toronto....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
Ismael Cruz signed Rafael Montero, Luis Mateo, Wilmer Flores, Familia and Tapia... he now runs international operations in Toronto....

Valuable information. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 am 
General Manager

thebull wrote:
And I'm not saying I'd be mad if Familia is in the trade but I might be if it's Dickey plus Fulmer plus Mejia/Familia for just D'Arnaud and Gose.

No other reason than a "feeling," but I think Wilmer is going in this deal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

Steve The Original wrote:
thebull wrote:
And I'm not saying I'd be mad if Familia is in the trade but I might be if it's Dickey plus Fulmer plus Mejia/Familia for just D'Arnaud and Gose.

No other reason than a "feeling," but I think Wilmer is going in this deal

Possible. He passes as a 1B man for them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

Prospectus wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Valuable information. Good job.

I wanted to look up Montero and realized ALL of them were signed by him lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 am 
Legend of NYFS

I don't see Wilmer. They have Lawrie/Encarnacion. I most want to keep Montero... which means he's probably in the deal lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 am 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
The New York Mets and Toronto Blue Jays are nearing a deal that would send reigning Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey to the Toronto Blue Jays for a package that includes top prospect Travis D'Arnaud, a source close to the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports early Saturday.

As the Mets finalized their shopping of Dickey and appeared to settle on the Blue Jays late Friday, the proposed deal grew in size upon Toronto's willingness to include D'Arnaud, the game's best catching prospect. While the other players involved could not be confirmed, the source said the teams were in the process of exchanging medical information on the players involved.

The trade would mark the second blockbuster of the offseason for Toronto, which acquired Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Emilio Bonifacio and John Buck in a fire-sale deal with the Miami Marlins. It transformed the Blue Jays from a middling American League East team into a contender. The acquisition of Dickey would cement their status as favorite in the division, and maybe the whole league.

[Related: Winners and losers from Josh Hamilton trade]

Toronto's willingness to give up a prospect of D'Arnaud's caliber – a Foxsports.com report also said outfield prospect Anthony Gose was likely to be included in the deal – hinged on the growth of the trade to include other players as well as the possibility of Dickey signing a contract extension. The Mets and Dickey had worked for months trying to hammer out a deal, with the 38-year-old Dickey seeking two years and $26 million and the Mets edging their way up to two years and $20 million. Dickey is signed this season for a bargain $5 million.
-Passan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:49 am 
Everyday Player

The media coverage of this is strange - maybe it's just because it's all playing out over night, but it seems like Rubin, Heyman, Rosenthal etc. should all be tweeting right now - Passan has kind of been alone the last couple of hours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am 
Prospect

hoofHearted wrote:
Hey Marlon, Where's Nemo? wrote:
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
For those unfamiliar with Travis D'Arnaud, he's the best catching prospect in the minor leagues. Big bat/arm, superb makeup. Future star.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
In other words, if this deal gets done, the Blue Jays are getting back a lot more than just R.A. Dickey on a one-year deal.

Yeah, and R.A. Dickey is the reigning Cy Young award winner. It should take more than an unproven prospect (albeit a highly ranked one) to get a proven star of his quality.

I am baffled at how Dickey is treated like a mediocrity. He is one of the elite pitchers in baseball.

exactly! he's a durable cy young winner on a five million dollar contract who wants a very reasonable 26 million for two more years. so that's 31 million for a cy young winner for three years. and he's probably more reliable health-wise than any other top ten pitcher. i think the mets have to get massive value for dickey. he's worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 am 
Legend of NYFS

Hey Marlon, Where's Nemo? wrote:
The media coverage of this is strange - maybe it's just because it's all playing out over night, but it seems like Rubin, Heyman, Rosenthal etc. should all be tweeting right now - Passan has kind of been alone the last couple of hours.

Heyman and Rosenthal were still talking around midnight. As mentioned a few pages ago, Rubin and the beats just disappeared. Maybe they're fishing for a story or maybe they went to bed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 am 
Legend of NYFS

Puma just put up a new article with nothing new.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 am 
Prospect

i guess they've got to wait til later today to finish checks of the medical records. then they make a final call? possibly, no word means the deal is done pending logistics and everyone went home. or this is just fiction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 119  Next