MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:25 pm 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:
Besides Matt Liberatore it seems Mets will take a college player at six, so does that mean they will lean prep at #48? HeynowHK it looks like Singer is the only College pitcher Mets are looking at which I'm sure your happy about.

I don't buy that. They drafted McClanahan already so we know they like him. If they liked him then, they would have to like him more now, no?

Word is that Singer won't get past the Reds unfortunately. I'd be happy with McClanahan or India TBH. I could def see them take India at 6.

I'm kinda surprised at how high Bart has gotten ranked. I thought he was a back of the 1st rd guy. I think there are some good values in college Cs to come in rds 2/3/4.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

The ceiling and floor for India seems to be a straight line.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:24 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mize and McClanahan both stumbled a bit this week.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 am 
Blue Chipper

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Is this really fair? He obviously beat everyone's expectations this year. Who's to say that he can't continue to do the same going forward?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
Rookie

TheUpperDeck wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Is this really fair? He obviously beat everyone's expectations this year. Who's to say that he can't continue to do the same going forward?

Haha probably not fair, and he's got a lot going for him, but people naturally ant something new and shiny with a pick this high. India might be the safest pick in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:09 pm 
Draft Pick

Is safe what you want? Safe is nice but I need more upside.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 pm 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:

But without other obvious standouts and the risk of taking a prep arm that high, taking a guy with this high a floor makes sense. How do you think the Phils feel about taking Moniak?

On top of which, India could go underslot at 6.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

HeyNowHK wrote:

I wonder how much underslot....

Said to be a lot of good HS bats and arms projected for the first 3/4 rounds.

Maybe there's enough to grab 2 big names in rounds 2-4 to be satisfied with a high floor infielder as the 1st pick?

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 am 
Blue Chipper

Fangraphs has a new mock out. They have us taking Swaggerty (Bart projected to be #2!) with India as the possible backup plan. Also says they will take a high upside prep guy in the 2nd round:
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-ml ... aft-v-2-0/

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 am 
Legend of NYFS

SNESandMets wrote:
Fangraphs has a new mock out. They have us taking Swaggerty (Bart projected to be #2!) with India as the possible backup plan. Also says they will take a high upside prep guy in the 2nd round:
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-ml ... aft-v-2-0/

I'm not feeling that one either. I'm a little skeptical about the bat enough to think 6 is a little too high for Swaggerty. I'd even rather dream on Jenista if I were drafting a college OFer at 6. I'm really leaning toward India who looks pretty well rounded as a player but maybe team need is subconscious bias influencing me that way. Also seems like a guy the Mets would take.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 am 
Legend of NYFS

Bart seems to be the perfect storm of need and BPA.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 pm 
Blue Chipper

HeyNowHK wrote:
corydd7 wrote:

But without other obvious standouts and the risk of taking a prep arm that high, taking a guy with this high a floor makes sense. How do you think the Phils feel about taking Moniak?

Yeah, I agree with this. We should be able to gamble on risk/reward in Rounds 2-3. You only really get the opportunity to get players with this "high" of a floor in addition to upside very early in the draft (obviously no player is a guarantee). I'd be fine with India at 6 if Mize, Bohm, and Madrigal are gone.

Seems like we should have plenty of good options, no? Singer, Liberatore and McClanahan seem like nice value as well. Bart is tempting, but the strikeouts scare me...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 66  Next