MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 am 
Rookie

If they decide to go bat, gimme Kelenic.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 am 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:

I don't think there's a chance in heck of that happening, but I like it.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:

Oh sure, another Nimmo... see ya in 2023 then. That's what you want?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm 
Draft Pick

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kiley-m ... t-5-16-18/

Swaggerty having maturity issues is interesting. One of the top college bats that should be available for the Mets.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:30 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
degromination wrote:

So every upside OF is off the table because of Nimmo? And even if that's so, I think Nimmo ends up being a respectable first rounder before all is said and done.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
degromination wrote:

So every upside OF is off the table because of Nimmo? And even if that's so, I think Nimmo ends up being a respectable first rounder before all is said and done.

This is sort of the point that I'm making. Tho it's a very long and windy path with lots of conflicting narratives spun along the way, even if it ends up with a decent outcome, most fans lose part of their soul on the journey. It sounds good now, but be prepared to wait a long time.

The likelihood that a HS OFer turns into an elite player is low and I think that's why you see more and more teams take those kinds of risks after the 1st round. With a pick that high, you want more safety against a flat out bust, don't you? It's why you see more and more teams taking college players top half of the 1st round I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 am 
Legend of NYFS

Sounds like KLaw's latest mock has us taking India, which I believe is who he picked in his earlier mock. That's starting to feel right to me. I've long said I thought they would take an arm but if Mize and Singer are both off the board, I can see the argument for India as next on their board. Think Nick Senzel.

Draft in just 18 days.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 pm 
Rookie

So every upside OF is off the table because of Nimmo? And even if that's so, I think Nimmo ends up being a respectable first rounder before all is said and done.[/quote]
This is sort of the point that I'm making. Tho it's a very long and windy path with lots of conflicting narratives spun along the way, even if it ends up with a decent outcome, most fans lose part of their soul on the journey. It sounds good now, but be prepared to wait a long time.

The likelihood that a HS OFer turns into an elite player is low and I think that's why you see more and more teams take those kinds of risks after the 1st round. With a pick that high, you want more safety against a flat out bust, don't you? It's why you see more and more teams taking college players top half of the 1st round I think.[/quote]

The likelihood of any player becoming elite is extremely low, which is why I want the best blend of physical gifts and track record you can find. Right now I think that's Kelenic, but I wouldn't hate on the pick of it were India, Bart, or pretty much anyone else in this range. That's the beauty of a real deep draft and a high pick. But yes, I am more than willing to wait on a potential stud.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:

The likelihood that a HS OFer turns into an elite player is low and I think that's why you see more and more teams take those kinds of risks after the 1st round. With a pick that high, you want more safety against a flat out bust, don't you? It's why you see more and more teams taking college players top half of the 1st round I think.[/quote]

The likelihood of any player becoming elite is extremely low, which is why I want the best blend of physical gifts and track record you can find. Right now I think that's Kelenic, but I wouldn't hate on the pick of it were India, Bart, or pretty much anyone else in this range. That's the beauty of a real deep draft and a high pick. But yes, I am more than willing to wait on a potential stud.[/quote]
Why do you think Kelenic is so special?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm 
Rookie

I think Kelenic has a premium speed/power combination, tools that might actually be surpassed by his pure hitting ability. All of which should translate to game production because of a professional approach at the dish. I suspect he will handle center nicely, but has a howitzer arm, so moving him to RF in deference to an elite CF would give you 2/3 of an advanced group patrolling the grass. I also think he's got a rare combination of work ethic, maturity, and a range of playing experiences, that combine to give him that "it" factor that you see from the very top prospects.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:58 am 
General Manager

I'll throw up if we take India. Another smallish fringe infielder who likely will have to switch to 2B because his long term profile just doesn't match up with a MLB 3B.

Give me Larnach or Jenista if we're reaching at 6 for an underslot college bat.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 am 
Legend of NYFS

Bart is the only guy I pine for, and I can't imagine he'll be on the Board.

India's probably going to have a safe and solid career, but I don't think it's ever going to be difficult to find similar talent at a modest (Mets) price.

8)

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next