MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 am 
Rookie

jdawginsc wrote:
degromination wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:
Love Kelenic, but Stewart was the goods. Sounds like they may have low-balled him.

It's very possible, seems Anthopolous has a bit of a history with this issue.

They have to have offered 40% to maintain the slot. So at least they offered that. Seems to me, a better percentage would be flipped.... 2/3 of slot. Yes, it takes a bit of leverage out of the hands of the teams, but protects the good faith in signing the drafted player.

Yea, I think it would be telling to know what they offered. If they hit 60% or higher, at least it seems like they are working with him. If it's 40% on the nose, you have to imagine they either think his hand looks like Chubs' from Happy Gilmore, or they are trying to screw the kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Lets have 500 6-7th inning types and no SP's or average or better regulars in the system. Sounds like a good plan.

Yeah that's my take on Callis's reaction as well.

Here is my Mets shadow draft:

1) Singer or Gilbert RHSP FL/Stetson Jr hasn't played
2) Alek Thomas L/L OFer, HS 313/380/438 in 72 PAs in AZL
3) Blaine Knight RHSP Ark, Jr hasn't played
4) Grant Witherspoon, L/L CFer, Tulane Jr 230/314/246 in 71PAs in Appy
5) Austin Cox, LHSP Mercer, Jr 6 hits, 3 BBs, 23Ks in 11.2IP in Appy
6) Andrew Moritz, L/R OFer UNCG Jr 328/400/466 in 65PAs in Appy
7) Nick Podkul, R/R 3B NotreDame Jr 256/388/462 in 49PAs in NWL
8 ) Joey Murray, RHSP Kent State Jr 8IP, 6 hits, 0ER, 4BB, 14Ks in NWL
9) BMdO, RHP, Miss Sr hasn't played
10) Mike Gretler, R/R 3B, Oregon State Sr .775 OPS (5 games NYPL)

FWIW, this shadow group looks pretty good so far. Witherspoon the only blemish thus far.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Would be happy with one of these 4 (tho I hesitate to jinx it with 10 picks ahead of us):
Beck
McKenna
Eastman
Palacios

Palacios and McKenna both killing it so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:30 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Would be happy with one of these 4 (tho I hesitate to jinx it with 10 picks ahead of us):
Beck
McKenna
Eastman
Palacios

Palacios and McKenna both killing it so far.

I'm a little surprised we didn't grab McKenna, fits the collegiate performance tweener we usually love in that range. It'll be interesting to see how his tools continue to translate up the ladder, but for now score one for the strategy of taking a young college player who can put the bat on the ball and see what happens.... 27 games and only one HR shy of his collegiate season high.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66