MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82381
Location: New York, NY
AAA Conlon
AA TBD
A+ Prevost
A+ TBD
A Dibrell


AA
McNeil 2-4, HR (.375 with 3 homers, 4/3 BB/K over his last 10. OPS up to 1.106)
Alonso 0-2, 2 BB, K
Tebow 0-4, 2 k's
Church 4 innings 8 hits 6 runs 1 walk 8 k's
Uceta 2 innings 2 hits 1 run 1 walk 4 k's

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 8723
Location: Land of the Nats and Redskins
Nice to see even when Alonso takes an 0fer he gets on base twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25639
Location: NYC
What about Derek Dietrich for a McNeil comp... I see some resemblance there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 am 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 2220
I'm going to continue to be unconvinced that McNeil is anything more than a utility player at the ML level until he proves me wrong with an AS appearance ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 2220
Hilltop wrote:
Nice to see even when Alonso takes an 0fer he gets on base twice.


20 XBH, 25 BB, 5 HBP, and 30 K.

He's not just swinging as hard as he can and getting lucky; the dude has a good plate approach and makes a lot of contact for a power hitter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 am 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 8723
Location: Land of the Nats and Redskins
Metsfan980 wrote:
Hilltop wrote:
Nice to see even when Alonso takes an 0fer he gets on base twice.


20 XBH, 25 BB, 5 HBP, and 30 K.

He's not just swinging as hard as he can and getting lucky; the dude has a good plate approach and makes a lot of contact for a power hitter.


I hear ya. It's not something generally associated with a traditional slugger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 am 
User avatar
Online
Everyday Player

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:36 pm
Posts: 1452
I can’t get too excited about Alonso walking a lot. I’m not saying he doesn’t have good pitch selection but AA hitters don’t usually have great protection behind them in the lineup (especially Mets AA hitters). Once a guy gets a rep as being a great hitter, they can pitch around him without great consequence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3399
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Alonso comps...

Paul Goldschmidt:
3 MiLB seasons for both
PA .311/.391/.571/.962
PG .317/.407/.620/1.026

Kris Bryant:
In AA
PA .349/.447/.659/.1.104 in 48 games
KB .355/.458/.702/1.160 in 68 games


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 pm 
User avatar
Online
MVP

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:22 am
Posts: 2950
HeyNowHK wrote:
What about Derek Dietrich for a McNeil comp... I see some resemblance there.

What sort of resemblance? I don't think the numbers are that similar as Dietrich strikes out about twice as much as McNeil (21.83% to 11.17%) and has never hit .300 (like McNeil has done pretty much every year) except for a 98 AB stint in the minors the year following his rookie major league season.

I think McNeil is much more Daniel Murphy or Jed Lowrie-like:

Murphy MiLB totals: .298/.354/.454, 6.36 BB%, 11.97 K%
McNeil MiLB totals: .304/.373/.421, 7.57 BB%, 11.17 K%
Lowrie MiLB totals: .285/.379/.444, 13.06 BB%, 14.95 K%

McNeil obviously doing things at an older age than Dietrich, Murphy and Lowrie after essentially being set back two years (51 total games in 2016 and 2017, unfortunately), but if this newfound power is legit (which I think it most definitely is, maybe not a 30+ HR threat, but 15-25 seems within reason) then combined with his ability to hit for average and his understanding of the strike zone, he's much more aligned with Murphy/Lowrie than Dietrich.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25639
Location: NYC
The Juice wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
What about Derek Dietrich for a McNeil comp... I see some resemblance there.

What sort of resemblance? I don't think the numbers are that similar as Dietrich strikes out about twice as much as McNeil (21.83% to 11.17%) and has never hit .300 (like McNeil has done pretty much every year) except for a 98 AB stint in the minors the year following his rookie major league season.

I think McNeil is much more Daniel Murphy or Jed Lowrie-like:

Murphy MiLB totals: .298/.354/.454, 6.36 BB%, 11.97 K%
McNeil MiLB totals: .304/.373/.421, 7.57 BB%, 11.17 K%
Lowrie MiLB totals: .285/.379/.444, 13.06 BB%, 14.95 K%

McNeil obviously doing things at an older age than Dietrich, Murphy and Lowrie after essentially being set back two years (51 total games in 2016 and 2017, unfortunately), but if this newfound power is legit (which I think it most definitely is, maybe not a 30+ HR threat, but 15-25 seems within reason) then combined with his ability to hit for average and his understanding of the strike zone, he's much more aligned with Murphy/Lowrie than Dietrich.

Was talking mainly physical resemblance and batting stance. And frankly, prior to 3 weeks ago, most would have been thrilled by a Dietrich outcome for McNeil. So I prefer not to go too over the top on JM yet, tho I admit to being a little excited.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25639
Location: NYC
Crismatt listed for Bingo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 5/17/2018-McNeil again
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 590
Not that it's about last night, but looking at Lindsay's stats, they haven't been as bad as I thought... They've actually been pretty Nimmo-esque at the same track. Power should be higher, but that could come later. The K-rate has dropped to a reasonable level at 20.2%. So maybe we've been a little bit quick to hate on Lindsay. He's still got all the tools and he's shown an elite eye while young for the level. Maybe he could emerge post-hype in a few years like Nimmo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asbury Mark, dragonfly, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HCC, HeyNowHK, Kevin From Spotswood, luciferase, MarkJohnson>You, MetFan29, MetsWhiz93, Mogriffjr, monkeysuncle, nocedog, piazzafan, Spacetraveler, The Juice and 170 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media