MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The non-Blow it up thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm 
Rookie

A team with a better record than the Mets looking to sell: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/ ... umors.html

Hmmmmmmmmm

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

piazzafan wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
While we're talking deGrom trade and such, how does Gleybor Torres have 24 homers in 1,400 career MiLB AB and 13 in 155 MLB AB? Just unreal.

Yeah something is going on that doesn't smell right with the Yanks. Judge could barely hit 20 homers in the minors, but all of a sudden he hits 52 last year and he's on a pace to hit 46 this year. Sanchez never hit 20 homers in the minors, but last year he's able to pop 33? Something isn't right. I know people are going to use excuses like Yankee Stadium is a band box, the juiced baseball, Yankee instructors are better. But I honestly believe that they are getting some illegal substances somewhere. People tend to forget that AROD never failed a drug test. And it is not believable that almost every Yankee rookie can outperform their AAA stats the second they step on a Yankee stadium field. And for the record one of the signs that Roids are coming back is when veterans who are old and thought to be finished all of a sudden are hitting or pitching like they are 27 years old again. Matt Kemp, Markakis to name 2 off the top of my head. Even Verlander is looking suspicious. A few years ago his velocity was down and he swore he wasn't hurt. All of a sudden he's popping high 90's again and no one questions how his velocity just came back out of no where.

There are some loaded statements in there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 am 
General Manager

MetsWhiz93 wrote:
A team with a better record than the Mets looking to sell: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/ ... umors.html

Hmmmmmmmmm

I think there have been maybe 2 years in the past 30 when that team wasn't looking to sell though. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am 
Legend of NYFS

Begun to think about and "not yet committed to a path" means there's nothing to see. They just expect to sell when the time comes. Not much to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 am 
Franchise Player

Can we fire Sandy yet?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am 
Franchise Player

Hilltop wrote:
piazzafan wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
While we're talking deGrom trade and such, how does Gleybor Torres have 24 homers in 1,400 career MiLB AB and 13 in 155 MLB AB? Just unreal.

Yeah something is going on that doesn't smell right with the Yanks. Judge could barely hit 20 homers in the minors, but all of a sudden he hits 52 last year and he's on a pace to hit 46 this year. Sanchez never hit 20 homers in the minors, but last year he's able to pop 33? Something isn't right. I know people are going to use excuses like Yankee Stadium is a band box, the juiced baseball, Yankee instructors are better. But I honestly believe that they are getting some illegal substances somewhere. People tend to forget that AROD never failed a drug test. And it is not believable that almost every Yankee rookie can outperform their AAA stats the second they step on a Yankee stadium field. And for the record one of the signs that Roids are coming back is when veterans who are old and thought to be finished all of a sudden are hitting or pitching like they are 27 years old again. Matt Kemp, Markakis to name 2 off the top of my head. Even Verlander is looking suspicious. A few years ago his velocity was down and he swore he wasn't hurt. All of a sudden he's popping high 90's again and no one questions how his velocity just came back out of no where.

Maybe they're just on some 90s Oakland A's juice. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:10 am 
Franchise Player

Hey, this is the NON-blow it up thread. That said, it's getting more apparent that this team will be at least 10 games under by the end of this road trip, certainly no better than that by July. If that's the case, gotta look to sell some parts and retool for next year. I'm not blowing it up (per this thread's spririt). Here's what I'd do:

- Bruce needs a DL stint. He's not this bad. He needs to get healthy. I think he's a 25-30 homer lefty OF/1B and that okay for the next two years.

- Get Cespedes surgery if that's what it's going to take.

- Reyes needs to go. Even if it's for Evans, but I'd prefer McNeil and give him plenty of time. You could start him twice a week at 2nd. He's played some OF in the minors. Why not?

- Trade: Wheeler, Cabrera, Familia, Blevins (if he'll bring anything back), Robles, Mesoraco, Bautista. See what you can get. The first three might bring back some nice pieces. DO NOT TRADE FOR RIGHTY RELIEVERS.

Go with this for the second half:

Nimmo LF
Rosario SS
Conforto CF
Frazier 3B
Bruce RF
Plawecki C
Smith 1B
McNeil/Cheech 2B

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:14 am 
Rookie

If you're not kicking money in, you will not get anything for those reliever arms. At all. Mets showed last year that they are not interested in kicking in money

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:24 am 
General Manager

Hilltop wrote:
piazzafan wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

MLB brings it on itself. I do think the juiced balls are a big part of it though, it isn’t just Yankees who outperform their minors numbers power wise.

How to explain the Astros’ starting staff then? Maybe Trevor Bauer was onto something. Or maybe they really are smarter than everyone else with sequencing and pitch selection.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

The Yankees play in a bandbox. That's basically it. He's also growing into his body. It's not a big surprised that he's tapping into power. He wasn't a top ten prospect the past two years for nothing. And have you seen Gary Sanchez or Aaron Judge? They are huge people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:02 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Hilltop wrote:
piazzafan wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

Also, sort of a misunderstanding as to how PEDs might work.

Its not exactly like a cartoon depiction that, whereupon his promotion to the big leagues and introduction to the YANKEE ILLEGAL DRUGS Gleyber Torres suddenly sprouted muscles on his muscles and is now SUPER DUPER STRONG, instantaneously. They don't have the Bane Venomfrom Batman Forever (or do they...??).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:09 pm 
All Star

MetsWhiz93 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm

The Pirates would sell if they were on pace to go 162-0.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next