A+ Prevost
A Cavallaro
DSL1
DSL2

AA
McNeil 1-4
Alonso 0-2
Nido 0-4, 2 k's
Blackham 1 inning 0 hits 0 runs 1 walk 0 k's (AA debut)

A+1
Gimenez 1-3, 1 walk, 2 k's
Lindsay 1-3
Paez 0-3, 2 k's
Strom 0-3 (An astounding 9 errors in 46 games in the OF this season. This for a guy who had the rep of a good defensive player post draft)

A+2
Strom 0-4, K
Paez 1-4
Lindsay 2-2, BB (.265 last 10 games, 3/3 BB/K... baby steps)
Zanghi 1 perfect 1 K

Columbia
Gladu 1-2
Tiberi 0-2 (.118 last 10 games)
Winaker 0-2
Vasquez 0-2
Manea 0-2, K (.171 last 10)
Brodey 0-2, K (.121 last 10, disaster of a season)
Dibrell 4.1 innings 4 hits 1 er 2 walks 5 k's

DSL
De La Rosa 3-4, HR
Consuegra 2-3, BB
Marcano 3 innings 3 hits 0 runs 0 walks 5 k's

(It appears IFA bonus baby Adrian Hernandez is injured, no confirmation yet)

Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 6/13/2018-... Yuck again
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am 
MVP

Amazing how bad almost all of the college picks taken early in the draft have been.

And it's not like they are fizzling out in AA or AAA. 2nd to 5th round picks from major programs should fare better in A ball. Really poor scouting on the Mets part. I mean, I get that most guys never reach the majors yadda yadda yadda, but for early selections to seem so thoroughly mediocre in what I would consider conservative placement (level wise) is not a good reflection on the organization's ability to identify talent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 am 
Legend of NYFS

The Juice wrote:
Amazing how bad almost all of the college picks taken early in the draft have been.

And it's not like they are fizzling out in AA or AAA. 2nd to 5th round picks from major programs should fare better in A ball. Really poor scouting on the Mets part. I mean, I get that most guys never reach the majors yadda yadda yadda, but for early selections to seem so thoroughly mediocre in what I would consider conservative placement (level wise) is not a good reflection on the organization's ability to identify talent.

Had this exact conversation with Jeff P yesterday. How the college guys flaming out at AA is one thing but they have multiple reasonably high college bats who can't even perform at the A/A+ level. Scary.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 am 
NYFS Staff

Metro2007 wrote:
The Juice wrote:

Had this exact conversation with Jeff P yesterday. How the college guys flaming out at AA is one thing but they have multiple reasonably high college bats who can't even perform at the A/A+ level. Scary.

They choose to look at things that are impacted by different bats...rather than scouted tools. Analytics and scouting eye should be more integrated in drafting.

I think Carlos Cortes is going to struggle like last year's guys.

However, they went with the tools with Alonso.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
They choose to look at things that are impacted by different bats...rather than scouted tools. Analytics and scouting eye should be more integrated in drafting.

Those things cost money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 am 
NYFS Staff

northway wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:

Those things cost money.

Which is why there is a direct correlation between the Mets threadbare scouting department and the lack of success of many college draftees. They are going mostly analytics.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 am 
Legend of NYFS

The Juice wrote:

We can go pick by pick, round by round and the way I recall it is that they frequently go off the grid... which is to say they often go with players in the early rounds that are 'Met picks' - players that are far down (or not even on) most lists... the against the grain picks that indicate how much smarter the Mets are than the rest of the league.

They are basically paying the price now for getting nothing from the '12, '13 and '14 drafts (Conforto the exception) and it's early to judge '15, but that's looking particularly bad also. In fairness, some of those drafts were weak for everyone, so we can prob cut to the chase and blame a lot of the misfortune here on just a few critical mistakes - Cheech over Seager, letting Turner and Murphy walk, and practically all of the FA decisions they've made.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am 
NYFS Staff

For those wondering if Alonso should get promoted, his last 30 games have not been good.

McNeil has been solid, trending up, though.

I had forgotten Crismatt was a reliever the first three years. He probably should head to Vegas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 am 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
For those wondering if Alonso should get promoted, his last 30 games have not been good.

McNeil has been solid, trending up, though.

I had forgotten Crismatt was a reliever the first three years. He probably should head to Vegas.

Is Crismatt really a prospect with his velocity being what it is?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am 
NYFS Staff

Kyle Regnault's little brother off to a good start... Andres (.400 .484 .720 1.204)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 am 
Legend of NYFS

Adrian Hernandez sighting.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 am 
Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:
Adrian Hernandez sighting.

8)

So he must have been dinged vs. headed to the GCL.