MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on slumps
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am 
NYFS Staff

Just my opinion, but players in slumps break out of them through stability. Same place in the lineup...on the field, innings and rest for pitchers.

At this point, Mickey should be smart enough to know that the team needs to ride it out and play through it.

Keep the lineup the same, until Wilmer and Ces return
Nimmo/AsCab/Conforto/Frazier/Bruce/Mesoraco/Dom/Rosario

Use the relief on a one to two inning schedule. Then rest day in between.

The ship is sinking. Moving the parts around to plug the holes I think is counter-intuitive. And leads a rookie manager to look like he does not have a solution.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on slumps
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 am 
Everyday Player

I don’t like them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm 
Legend of NYFS

What about entire teams in slumps?

I don't think it matters if a guy hits #2 or #8. I don't have a problem with shuffling the batting order or even who starts and who plays off the bench.

- Yogi.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm 
Rookie

This team has gone 9-26 since May 1. Conforto has gone 4-for-his-last-42. Are both of those slumps or indicative of larger issues? At some point the hole becomes so deep that there is no way out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm 
Rookie

Disco Ball wrote:
This team has gone 9-26 since May 1. Conforto has gone 4-for-his-last-42. Are both of those slumps or indicative of larger issues? At some point the hole becomes so deep that there is no way out.

This is indicative of larger issues as this has now entered historically inept territory. We've all seen slumps and this is now beyond slump it is a lack of heart, passion, and effort.

Callaway has totally lost the locker room. Sometimes it happens in year 5, year 10. This time it's happened 64 games into year 1. There's no way to deny it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 am 
Manager

in theory, stability may help a slumping player

in reality, i dont have the data to show either side of the equation

that said, Im not sure some of these players are slumping. I think some of them may just be what they are for the remainder of the season. If they improve, i dont see it as being anything significant to write home about.

time will tell of course, hopefully im wrong

Otherwise, the season will be over before we play the Marlins come monday september 26th

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am 
Franchise Player

Did someone fired yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am 
Manager

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Did someone fired yet?

The only person held accountable for 2018 so far has been Adrian Gonzalez.