Legend of NYFS

Chasen Bradford

4 and 0 2.36 era 1.05 whip

Nah...the pen really couldn't have used him

:evil:

Post subject: Re: Another Sandy Blunder
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 am 
Legend of NYFS

"We really could have used Chasen Bradford tonight," said no one ever.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 am 
Prospect

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Well that hypothetical surely trumps his actual performance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:52 am 
NYFS Staff

That team is interesting. Haniger is making the DBacks look silly in the trade...and other than Paxton, Cruz, Segura and Diaz, no one is really world-beating...yet they are the hottest team in baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Kinda like Darren O'Day, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:57 am 
Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Oooo, I think I've said that a few times this year while watching Jacob Rhame/Buddy Baumann/Gerson Bautista/Chris Flexen/Hansel Robles/AJ Ramos and most recently Paul Sewald.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am 
NYFS Staff

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Oooo, I think I've said that a few times this year while watching Jacob Rhame/Buddy Baumann/Gerson Bautista/Chris Flexen/Hansel Robles/AJ Ramos and most recently Paul Sewald.

Sewald needs a rst, I think...quick 10 day jaunt. His mechanics are off.

If it were me, my pen would be Familia, Gsellman, Lugo (when Thor returns), Blevins, Drew Smith, Swarzak, Peterson. Sewald when he returns.

Then I would tell Callaway that for a pitching coach he is not managing his pen to keep relievers healthy and fresh, and to give days off between usage and even out the outings.

But what do I know...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

This

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:25 am 
Rookie

I've been neutral to neutral-optimistic towards Sandy for the most part of his tenure here. But his time has come, and if we had real owners he is fired tomorrow, so his replacement can do what's necessary in accordance with HIS vision. Instead of cleaning up an even bigger mess after our remaining assets have died on the vine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:31 am 
Rookie

degromination wrote:
I've been neutral to neutral-optimistic towards Sandy for the most part of his tenure here. But his time has come, and if we had real owners he is fired tomorrow, so his replacement can do what's necessary in accordance with HIS vision. Instead of cleaning up an even bigger mess after our remaining assets have died on the vine.

I kinda want Dan Duquette lol. That, or like the Yankees' second in command now or hell, Theo's second in command.

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 am 
Rookie

I realize that this sounds like an out-dated, old-school idea, but Batting Average and Runs Batted In are an important indicator of a player's effectiveness.

Todd Frazier is a nice player with an OK walk rate and occasional power. But he hasn't batted over .275 ever in his career. He's had a couple of good but not great RBI years, but mainly he hovers around 75 per season. Nice, but not great.

Jay Bruce has also had an OK career, but he has batted over .275 once in 11 years. He's done better in the RBI category, but the counter-weight is the lower OBP. Two other recent Sandy position player "gets" Asdrubal Cabrera and Neil Walker, have similar backgrounds.

Michael Conforto's star gets dimmer everyday, but even in his two "good" years he never cleared .280. The two best hitters Alderson acquired have been Cespedes and TdA and both have spend long stretches on the shelf with injuries.

Maybe I spent too much time at Studio 54 back in the day, but I can see a clear linkage between low Batting Average, stunted RBI totals and a very ineffective offense. Screw OBP if all you are doing is walking. The first thing they should do IMO is go out and get some .300 hitters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Disco Ball wrote:
I realize that this sounds like an out-dated, old-school idea, but Batting Average and Runs Batted In are an important indicator of a player's effectiveness.

Todd Frazier is a nice player with an OK walk rate and occasional power. But he hasn't batted over .275 ever in his career. He's had a couple of good but not great RBI years, but mainly he hovers around 75 per season. Nice, but not great.

Jay Bruce has also had an OK career, but he has batted over .275 once in 11 years. He's done better in the RBI category, but the counter-weight is the lower OBP. Two other recent Sandy position player "gets" Asdrubal Cabrera and Neil Walker, have similar backgrounds.

Michael Conforto's star gets dimmer everyday, but even in his two "good" years he never cleared .280. The two best hitters Alderson acquired have been Cespedes and TdA and both have spend long stretches on the shelf with injuries.

Maybe I spent too much time at Studio 54 back in the day, but I can see a clear linkage between low Batting Average, stunted RBI totals and a very ineffective offense. Screw OBP if all you are doing is walking. The first thing they should do IMO is go out and get some .300 hitters.

There are only 14 players batting over .300 in MLB this season. Basically the top 2% of all batters. Players are striking out more and making less contact.