MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: IGT: Phils at Mets Doubleheader 7/9/18
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 pm 
NYFS Staff

Quote:
—Todd Frazier to DL, Ty Kelly with Mets
—Flexen optioned, Conlon called up
—Rhame is 26th man
—Drew Gagnon will start for Mets tomorrow

@timbhealey

Not sure why they called up Rhame. He has had just one day off since throwing 28 and 27 pitches on consecutive days.

Post subject: Re: IGT: Phils at Mets Doubleheader 7/9/18
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:23 pm 
Legend of NYFS

And still no McNeil?!? what the blazes!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
@timbhealey
Callaway said the Mets view McNeil exclusively as a second baseman. For now, they need a third baseman.

UM, I HAVE AN IDEA... MOVE ACAB TO 3B...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I can't take the incompetence another minute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm 
Franchise Player

They are marketing him as a 2B. McNeil will be up when they trade AsCab.

It is a little odd, however, that they called up Rhame who may not be able to give you much today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm 
General Manager

They've stuck Smith in LF, McNeil can stand at 3B? Or move AsCab?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm 
Franchise Player

I see your points on McNeil. I'd be fine bringing him up. I just think they want to do that when they trade Cabrera and only then. He'd have an everyday spot at that point at a position they want to keep him at. Also might alleviate the sting of the "return" they get for AsCab.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

TomInNC wrote:

McNeil can't play 3B and ACab can't play 2B... hmmm, let me see if there might be a solution for this conundrum...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
I see your points on McNeil. I'd be fine bringing him up. I just think they want to do that when they trade Cabrera and only then. He'd have an everyday spot at that point at a position they want to keep him at. Also might alleviate the sting of the "return" they get for AsCab.

Ridiculous. They are either afraid to ask ACab to move to 3B or asked him and he refused. How does playing 3B do anything but improve ACab's market value??

As usual, the Mets figure out the textbook way to gum up a simple roster move. McNeil must be getting annoyed at this point.

Not to mention that McNeil has played 148 games at 3B in the minors (9 this year). I find it ridiculous to think he isn't viable there esp considering that they've had Flo there many times. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

TomInNC wrote:

Here's a thought: There is not a chance in hell Dominic Smith is a better OF than Jeff McNeil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm 
Franchise Player

HeyNowHK wrote:

Ridiculous. They are either afraid to ask ACab to move to 3B or asked him and he refused. How does playing 3B do anything but improve ACab's market value??

As usual, the Mets figure out the textbook way to gum up a simple roster move. McNeil must be getting annoyed at this point.

Like I said, I personally wouldn't care. But I will say that if they move him to 3B and he butchers a couple plays just getting re-acclimated, that would not be good for his trade value.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Plus, he can't come up here and not play everyday when he's busy developing at Las Vegas by....not playing for the next 5 days while AAA is on its All Star break.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next