MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 7/13/2018-Kelenic = beast
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:

For sure. I just meant Tejada still had a better career than say Quintanilla.

I never liked the Tejada comp.

1) Ruben gets a bad rap. What Tejada actually did for us was better than most 2nd round picks do. Between 2011 and 2014 he had a 4.5 war (B-ref) and 3 of those 4 seasons were considered pretty good and he did then despite being called up from from the majors as a 20 year old, arguably before he was ready. What Tejada actually did, for his first 4 1/2 years (2010-2014) was actually not bad. But when he's used as a comp - do we look at the 4.5 years or the bad memories.
It's unnecessarily confusing. Yes it's convenient, but I would never go there i I was a writer.

2) If Tejada had tools he'd have gotten a lot more attention than he did. Nobody saw a "stud" despite him hitting respectively in Binghamton at such a young age. Havens drew more excitement than Tejada because Tejada's tools suggested bench player/fringe starter upside. Gimenez might not have stud tools, but he's always had better tools than Tejada, so I disliked the comp on two counts, even last year I disliked it. Grumble grumble.

This year, I think Gimenez 6 homers in 80 games and .152 ISO and mentions of loud contact should separate him from Tejada and his .070 ISO. Sorry for beating the dead horse on this issue, but as I said, it's rubbed me the wrong way for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Wow, BP bumped Adell all the way to #3! :shock:

And btw, Hiura #5 for the haterz. :lol: I think he is a pretty good yield plus others in a Brewers deal for deGrom. We should be looking at that situation, which means we won't.

MAN! Been a big Adell fan since learning about him his junior year, and that's way more aggressive than I'd have been with him. Still though, this is what happens when a kid with an absolutely freakish toolbox shows he can make contact.

Still more on the "like" vs "love" side of things on Hiura. His hitting ability would be great longterm for this team. But not overly athletic, and fits our lack of attention to defense.

I think that's somewhat of an exaggeration re Hiura. I've seen him run the bases in video and there's plenty of athleticism there. And while I don't know if he sticks at 2B long term, I'd be ok with him there in the short term and ultimately move him to LF or even 1B. His hitting bears a strong resemblance to Justin Turner and since we no longer have actual Justin Turner, I'd be fine with 2.0

This guy has raked everywhere. Also reminds me if Paul Molitor. You want this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

And btw, Hiura #5 for the haterz. :lol: I think he is a pretty good yield plus others in a Brewers deal for deGrom. We should be looking at that situation, which means we won't.

Don't get the Hiura love...He's interesting, but for deGrom, there would have to be a crap ton more....and they don't have the crap ton.

Sure they do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm 
NYFS Staff

HeyNowHK wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

Don't get the Hiura love...He's interesting, but for deGrom, there would have to be a crap ton more....and they don't have the crap ton.

Sure they do.

They are not going to move Peralta. Obviously Burnes would have to be a second piece. Corey Ray is interesting, but not exactly a track record that is encouraging. Zack Brown may or may not be this year's version.

Who else do you like? Nottingham? Rojas? Taylor?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Strange to see Milton Ramos back in the NYPL playing against the Cyclones. He doesn't appear to be rehabbing.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
degromination wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

MAN! Been a big Adell fan since learning about him his junior year, and that's way more aggressive than I'd have been with him. Still though, this is what happens when a kid with an absolutely freakish toolbox shows he can make contact.

Still more on the "like" vs "love" side of things on Hiura. His hitting ability would be great longterm for this team. But not overly athletic, and fits our lack of attention to defense.

I think that's somewhat of an exaggeration re Hiura. I've seen him run the bases in video and there's plenty of athleticism there. And while I don't know if he sticks at 2B long term, I'd be ok with him there in the short term and ultimately move him to LF or even 1B. His hitting bears a strong resemblance to Justin Turner and since we no longer have actual Justin Turner, I'd be fine with 2.0

This guy has raked everywhere. Also reminds me if Paul Molitor. You want this guy.

Cmon HK, there are so many stretches in that post we can't even fully tackle them all. So I'll just attack the end. Yes, I want this guy, but he's a guy I trade Wheeler head up for, not build a mega-package for deGrom.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

McNeil with an inside the park HR

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
degromination wrote:

Cmon HK, there are so many stretches in that post we can't even fully tackle them all. So I'll just attack the end. Yes, I want this guy, but he's a guy I trade Wheeler head up for, not build a mega-package for deGrom.

#5 prospect in baseball. I don't really think I'm out on a limb.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Mogriffjr wrote:
McNeil with an inside the park HR

Bum. Couldn’t even get it over the wall.

How was his fielding though?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

McNeil has a double and HR in 2 PAs. 4-0 Vegas in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:57 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ryley Gilliam K'd the side in the 9th in Brooklyn for his first save. Also gave up two 2-out singles in the inning before getting the 3rd K on a called strike.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
Ryley Gilliam K'd the side in the 9th in Brooklyn for his first save. Also gave up two 2-out singles in the inning before getting the 3rd K on a called strike.

Whoever the next GM is, I hope he kinda speeds up the relievers we drafted timeline. We legit took two guys who were touted as capable to assist in the majors soon and I don't think they need the full cycle of Brooklyn -> Cola -> St. Lucie -> Bingo -> Syracuse before getting here. Jump him and De Oca

Bring back the black jerseys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next