MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friday the 13th Special with the Nats!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Nimmo RF
Cabrera 2B
Bautista 3B
Conforto LF
Flores 1B
Mesoraco C
den Dekker CF
Rosario SS
Syndergaard RHP

I won't lie that the Noah return on Friday the 13th has me a little concerned...

I guess MDD is your NYMets regular CFer now. After all, it's certainly better having Bautista at 3B than Jeff McNeil. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Friday the 13th Special with the Nats!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:25 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Reyes getting a well-deserved day off.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm 
NYFS Staff

denDekker > Kaz apparently. You just know Mickey whined about having to play another non-veteran like Kaz.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm 
Manager

R Nitelight wrote:
Reyes getting a well-deserved day off.

8)

Shocked he's not in there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm 
Rookie

jdawginsc wrote:
denDekker > Kaz apparently. You just know Mickey whined about having to play another non-veteran like Kaz.

You could absolutely argue that den Dekker > Kaz. There's been way too much complaining about den Dekker over the past few days.

The bigger problem is how differently they were treated once they were up. It tells a lot about Mickey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
@timbhealey
Mickey Callaway said the Mets are working to make Jeff McNeil more versatile, with some thinking he has a future as an outfielder or a superutility guy.

McNeil played third for Las Vegas yesterday.

in other words, complete 180.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm 
Rookie

jdawginsc wrote:

I know Mickey is bad and it's fun to hate him on here, but this is just a weird gripe to have. If anything, those are two non-descript bats that won't matter in 6 months and a decision from a manager who will be gone in 12? McNeil and ALonso, fine, but Kevin Kaczmarksi? I think we're going a bit too far here in the blaming Mickey stuff.

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Quote:
@timbhealey
Mickey Callaway said the Mets are working to make Jeff McNeil more versatile, with some thinking he has a future as an outfielder or a superutility guy.

McNeil played third for Las Vegas yesterday.

in other words, complete 180.

48 hours ago: Jeff McNeil is a 2B only (ignores long career of other positions).

2 weeks from now: We've worked to increase Jeff McNeil's versatility so that he's now ready for a callup by getting him 2 games at 3B, 1 at SS, 1 at 1B and 2 in the OF!! **pats selves on back**

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Mick is from outside the organization, I don't see how he could have know a lot about McNeil situation, the FO really should be answering these type of questions

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mogriffjr wrote:
Mick is from outside the organization, I don't see how he could have know a lot about McNeil situation, the FO really should be answering these type of questions

How much is there to know? We're not talking about cataract surgery. You have to assume that the manager and the FO actually do discuss players in the organization. If they don't, it's a problem. So yeah Mickey should be up to speed in one of the few players who could help the team in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm 
NYFS Staff

Mogriffjr wrote:

It's his job to know. And when the front office makes a decision to bring someone up and leave them there for 2 weeks, you'd think he'd get the message, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:46 pm 
General Manager

So, um, game tonight? I can't watch, no Nats on TV here. Ever.