DSL1
DSL2

AAA
Alonso 2-5, HR, 2b
Smith 3-4, 2b, BB
Crismatt 6 innings 6 hits 2 runs 1 walk 7 k's

AA
Michael 1-5, K
Toffey 2-4, 2 2b, BB, K (He's been excellent since the trade)
Mazeika 0-3 BB
Gimenez 2-5, 2b, 2 K's, SB
Torres 1.1 innings 3 hits 0 runs 0 walks 4 k;s

A+
Carpio 0-4, 2 k's
Paez 1-3, BB, K
Vasquez 2-4, HR
Brodey 0-3, BB, 2 k's
Reyes 2-3, HR, K
Villanes 1 perfect 2 k's (Promote)

A
Winaker 1-3, 2b, K

BK
Adolph 0-4, K
Cortes 1-3, HR, (Last 10 .341 2 homers)
Meyer 0-3, 2 k's
James 7 innings 3 hits 0 runs 1 run 6 k's
Hanhold 1 perfect 1 k
Wilson 1 perfect 1 k

Kingsport
Kelenic 0-3, BB, K
Newton 0-2, BB
Santana 2-4
Vientos 2-4
Beracierta 1-3, BB, K

GCL
Lindsay 3-5, 2 2b
Mauricio 0-5 (first slump)
Consuegra 3-3, HR, 2b, BB, HBP

DSL
Hernandez 1-5, HR

Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 8/10/2018- Alonso goes yard
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am 
Legend of NYFS

I’m seeing calls to promote Alonso but I don’t really see he point. The team isn’t going to contend in 2019, and if you’re going to be giving anyone a look right now, it should probably be Dom. Alonso’s defense could also use additional work, and his strikeouts and walks have both trended in the wrong direction in Vegas. I’m still extremely high on him - he’s my number one prospect in the system - but why start his clock to bring him up into this tire fire? If the team was contending and had a hole at first, sure, but there are legitimate reasons to leave him down and I fail to see the need for assessment when the 2019 Meta aren’t going to be contenders barring a complete roster overhaul.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 am 
Fan Favorite

northway wrote:
I’m seeing calls to promote Alonso but I don’t really see he point. The team isn’t going to contend in 2019, and if you’re going to be giving anyone a look right now, it should probably be Dom. Alonso’s defense could also use additional work, and his strikeouts and walks have both trended in the wrong direction in Vegas. I’m still extremely high on him - he’s my number one prospect in the system - but why start his clock to bring him up into this tire fire? If the team was contending and had a hole at first, sure, but there are legitimate reasons to leave him down and I fail to see the need for assessment when the 2019 Meta aren’t going to be contenders barring a complete roster overhaul.

I disagree to an extent. Why not let him come up and learn the league. Yes, it took him a bit longer than some suspected to become a dominant hitter in AAA, but he is at that point and has been for a little time now.
He will face better pitchers now rather than in September with all the callups and resting of starters and whatever. I'd rather see him succeed now than succeed in September and be fooled.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:12 am 
Rookie

northway wrote:

Let him finish the Minor League season and come up in September. That would be fine in his case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 am 
Legend of NYFS

Spacetraveler wrote:
northway wrote:

I disagree to an extent. Why not let him come up and learn the league. Yes, it took him a bit longer than some suspected to become a dominant hitter in AAA, but he is at that point and has been for a little time now.
He will face better pitchers now rather than in September with all the callups and resting of starters and whatever. I'd rather see him succeed now than succeed in September and be fooled.

Who said anything about September? When I say "don't start his clock" I'm saying that he shouldn't be on the 2018 Mets. He's a player for whom it is actually justified to leave him in the minors to start 2019 to work on his defense and his contact rate. Moreover, given the number of PAs it takes for a player's statistics to stabilize, we wouldn't get an entirely meaningful sample size even if he came up today. What's the rush?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:43 pm 
Rookie

northway wrote:

Whether the Mets are contending are not, you kinda have to know if he's good. He's ready now, so why not give him the rest of the season to see if he can contribute to the, say 2020/2021/2022 Mets?

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:47 pm 
Fan Favorite

MetsWhiz93 wrote:
northway wrote:

Whether the Mets are contending are not, you kinda have to know if he's good. He's ready now, so why not give him the rest of the season to see if he can contribute to the, say 2020/2021/2022 Mets?

Unless you want the Mets signing another Adrian Gonzalaz or depending on Bruce to man the position and be like he was before this season?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm 
NYFS Staff

THe reason to give Dom or Alonso the job for the rest of the year, full time, is so we DON'T see an Adrian Gonzalez next year.

It doesn't matter, though...first base is Bruce's the next two years...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Adrian Hernandez 3-4, HR, 2b, BB. He's now 14 for his last 41 with 4 homers and 7 walks, on fiya! #Mets

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Felix Valerio 2-4, 2b, 3b, BB 18 for his last 41, 8 walks vs. 3 k's #Mets

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetsWhiz93 wrote:
northway wrote:

Because there's a whole year between now and 2020?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
THe reason to give Dom or Alonso the job for the rest of the year, full time, is so we DON'T see an Adrian Gonzalez next year.

It doesn't matter, though...first base is Bruce's the next two years...

So you give Dom the job for the rest of the year and maybe something clicks.

I also think y'all have entirely too much faith in the franchise if you think that Dom/Alonso's performance precludes a second coming of Adrian Gonzalez.