MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10660
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Be interesting to see the $ specifics for the Carrasco deal... decent proxy for Jake given age, blooming later, etc.



Doubtful. They seem...very low.

Carlos Carrasco's new contract, per source:
2019: $9.75M
2020: $10.25M
2021: $12M
2022: $12M
2023: $14M club option or a $3M buyout


Wow, that’s extremely under market. I’d be willing to give deGrom double that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 24675
The extension is for 2021 and 2022. 2 yrs, $27M guaranteed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 2102
HeyNowHK wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Be interesting to see the $ specifics for the Carrasco deal... decent proxy for Jake given age, blooming later, etc.



Doubtful. They seem...very low.

Carlos Carrasco's new contract, per source:
2019: $9.75M
2020: $10.25M
2021: $12M
2022: $12M
2023: $14M club option or a $3M buyout


Wow, what a heist. Who is his agent??

Good data point for the Mets tho.



I'd do that for Wheeler right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
Hoping the Reds sign Pollock. They also lean very LHed.

I'd prefer to get a solid defensive platoon mate for Lagares than to sink a lot of $ for 4 or 5 yrs into Pollock. Even prefer a shorter term deal for Cutch. But better still is using the $ to get Ramos to catch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 am
Posts: 101
In terms of deGrom and arbitration, the record for highest arbitration for a pitcher's 3rd time through is Arrieta ($15,637,500 in 2017) and for a 4th time through is David Price ($19,750,000 in 2014). Both had a Cy Young award on their resume at the time. For the sake of round numbers and slight inflation, let's assume, these 2 years are worth $36 million.

The only SP to eclipses $31 million per in FA has been Greinke at 34.416 per. Price got 31 per, Kershaw's re-done deal is for 31 per, Kershaw's old deal was 30.714 and Scherzer's is 30.0 per.

Based on all of that info, A fair deal for deGrom, is essentially 5 years between $120-130 million, depending on how much you want to front of backload it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
Now supposedly the Yankees never made an offer to Corbin at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
deviljets wrote:
In terms of deGrom and arbitration, the record for highest arbitration for a pitcher's 3rd time through is Arrieta ($15,637,500 in 2017) and for a 4th time through is David Price ($19,750,000 in 2014). Both had a Cy Young award on their resume at the time. For the sake of round numbers and slight inflation, let's assume, these 2 years are worth $36 million.

The only SP to eclipses $31 million per in FA has been Greinke at 34.416 per. Price got 31 per, Kershaw's re-done deal is for 31 per, Kershaw's old deal was 30.714 and Scherzer's is 30.0 per.

Based on all of that info, A fair deal for deGrom, is essentially 5 years between $120-130 million, depending on how much you want to front of backload it.

And considering that Kershaw just signed a 3 yr deal, is why I figured 4/90M was a fair compromise point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
Schoop going to the Twins.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
Anyone catch SNY/MB take on what a deGrom extension should look like?? 5/70M. Laughable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 8663
Man, I just looked at the Nats offseason so far. They've added $48m to their 2019 payroll so far.

The Mets are trying to move money around to sign bit pieces.

Sames Mets no matter who the GM.

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
"Reyes is a virus" guy is right.
R Nitelight on 7/16/2018 wrote:
I honestly don't care about winning or losing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 3647
Location: Shea
Anyone besides me want Billy Hamilton? The Mets need some athletes. He can save some runs and bat 9. He can’t hit anyway so a platoon is kind of out. Endy Chavez role.

_________________
Run it up, Herman! Leave no doubt!
-Coach Yoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agents 18/19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 3767
MikeH wrote:
Anyone besides me want Billy Hamilton? The Mets need some athletes. He can save some runs and bat 9. He can’t hit anyway so a platoon is kind of out. Endy Chavez role.
He would be a nice extra outfielder to come in for late defense and pinch run late in a game.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 69FOREVER, BastardsonofMr.Met, bklyndave69, Hilltop, jdawginsc, LTKfRGM, Majestic-12 [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, metsrule0423, Mogriffjr, piazzafan, SergioTheLittleMan, slugox and 167 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media