MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:10 pm 
Rookie

jdawginsc wrote:
I think Grandal is worth a pick and will be more solid overall going forward, but either is preferable to losing assets for Realmuto.

This really just depends on the moves that surround it, but if we take it on its individual basis, I'm rooting for keeping the pick and saving some money (perhaps an incorrect assumption) for a similar player in Ramos. I think we have done some good things with our second rounders, and would hate to lose one if we aren't going to put on a full-court press on being contenders.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:24 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I would hope the new administration exercises a little imagination rather than overspend on convenience.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
I would hope the new administration exercises a little imagination rather than overspend on convenience.

8)

Imagination can be used elsewhere. The trade for a good available catcher is going to cost a lot. Grandal and Ramos are logical.

Imagination can be used for divesting themselves of Bruce, Vargas and getting a young controllable centerfielder.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 pm 
Rookie

R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Can you give me an example of a move? I feel like we always want this to happen, but hate when they do something SLIGHTLY different lol.

Like, I'm kinda open to moving Conforto. Something like that?

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:05 am 
Legend of NYFS

MetsWhiz93 wrote:

Can you give me an example of a move? I feel like we always want this to happen, but hate when they do something SLIGHTLY different lol.

The point is if you can overpay Grandel and lose a draft pick, or burn down the farm for Realmuto you might want to choose Door Number 3, Or 8, or 10.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
MetsWhiz93 wrote:

The point is if you can overpay Grandel and lose a draft pick, or burn down the farm for Realmuto you might want to choose Door Number 3, Or 8, or 10.

8)

If the price for Grandal is too high, of course...you move to other options, but my point is that it is just money, not parting with half the prospects we have for two years of Realmuto.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

The reports on teams having interest in our C is odd but I'm going to assume they are accurate.

2019 Salaries
Cespedes - $19 (~$10m in insurance?)
deGrom - ~$12.9
Bruce - $14
Lagares - $9
Frazier - $9
Swarzak - $8.5
Vargas - $8
Noah - ~$5.9
Wheeler - ~$5.3
Wright - $3.75 (~$11.25 in insurance)
Conforto - ~$4.4
Matz - ~$3
Plawecki - ~$1.3
Pre-Arb Others - ~$8

Domo and TdA for Cervelli ($10)

Flores for Solarte (~$5.9)

David Robertson - 3/$30m (10, 10, 10)

Justin Wilson - 2/$14m (7, 7)

Zach Britton - 4/$52m (13, 13, 13, 13)

Total - ~$158m

OD Roster
Nimmo (CF)
Cervelli (C)
Conforto (LF)
Alonso (1B)
Bruce (RF)
Frazier (3B)
McNeil (2B)
Rosario (SS)

Bench: Plaw, Lagares, TJ Rivera, Solarte, Guillorme

Starters: deGrom, Noah, Wheeler, Matz, Vargas

Relievers: Britton, Robertson, Wilson, Lugo, Gsellman, Swarzak, Smith/Bashlor

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:21 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Pirates aren't paying their backup C the salary TDA will get and the point of moving Cervelli would be to start Diaz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

And Solarte is almost certainly going to be non-tendered. Was also practically the worst player in MLB this past season (if not for Chris Davis's all time horrific season and Victor Martinez's also awful year). There is really no need to 'salvage' Wilmer Flores by taking on another worse player.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 pm 
NYFS Staff

The problem is that there are too many lefties in the OF...one Jay Bruce too many. Vargas and Bruce should be the first line of inquiry in perhaps getting something on the lines of a need with a net-zero salary move. I think Colorado, who are losing Gonzalez and Parra should be contacted. In fairness they have depth, but I think something could be done...

Just spit-balling, but what about Bruce, Cecchini and TDA for Ian Desmond and Garrett Hampson...?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:36 pm 
Rookie

So for fun.... what do we got for projected payroll of current roster, and ultimate opening day roster payroll. Just so we can all play by the same guidelines

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Metro2007 wrote:
Pirates aren't paying their backup C the salary TDA will get and the point of moving Cervelli would be to start Diaz

Fair criticism. I suspect TdA will accept a lighter deal with incentives, otherwise he'll be non-tendered. Something like $2.75m with a $1m in incentives. I would envision Diaz and TdA splitting time. Ultimately I see this as a salary dump (Cervelli) for years of control (Domo). Admittedly its probably a light package for Pitt to accept though we could certainly add a young reliever. Maybe send Zamora back to them.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 46  Next