All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Who is #1?
Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 am
Andres Gimenez (SS)-AA 51%  51%  [ 19 ]
Peter Alonso (1B)-AAA 32%  32%  [ 12 ]
Jarred Kelenic (CF)-Kingsport 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Other (Write-in) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Here... we... GO. Who is the #1 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 am 
Legend of NYFS

Rookie maximums for at-bats (130), games pitched (30) or innings (50) in the major leagues"

If the 2 leaders are within 5% of each other, or the leader has less than 35% there will be a run-off between the top 2. If a run-off results in a tie the tiebreaker will be vote total in the previous poll, we will continue to "go back" in the polls until there is a clear leader.

*Jeff McNeil is ineligible

Post subject: Re: Here... we... GO. Who is the #1 prospect in the Mets sys
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am 
Rookie

Gimenez.

Dunn to add.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am 
Legend of NYFS

This one is pretty easy.

Then again, where's Tebow....?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:39 am 
Legend of NYFS

Because the top 3 seem "obvious" in some order as an executive decision I'm going to limit the # of choices until they are off the board so we can clear them more quickly. Dunn nomination noted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:58 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
Because the top 3 seem "obvious" in some order as an executive decision I'm going to limit the # of choices until they are off the board so we can clear them more quickly. Dunn nomination noted.

If they are the clear top 3, won't they clear themselves quickly? I mean, are these all not going to be a day for each (barring runoffs)? How can they go quicker (which I'm not opposing btw)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 am 
Manager

All 3 prospects are extremely close

Gimenez was ranked 56, Alonso (60), Kelebnic (64) according to MLB.com

Thats as close as you can get

It comes down to preference

Alonso is the big bat and most ready ... but he provides virtually no value other than the bat. And if there is any holes in his swing and MLB pitchers exploit it - he loses all value

Gimenez plays the premium position, has speed value, solid hitter with no glaring weaknesses ... but limited upside with the bat.. good floor but not a huge ceiling

Kelenic has the highest upside with power, patience, speed and a chance to stick in CF .... but also has the highest risk with a long way to go.

For me ... its between Kelenic and Gimenez. I like my top prospect to be well rounded with chances to add value in every part of the game - defensively, on the basepaths, and at the plate.

Gimenez got a lot of praise for his tools from BA and he is the safer choice ... so I went with Gimenez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

If they are the clear top 3, won't they clear themselves quickly? I mean, are these all not going to be a day for each (barring runoffs)? How can they go quicker (which I'm not opposing btw)?

My concern is people being "funny" or outside of the box voting for other guys and prompting run-offs when they aren't necessary. I'm not trying to impact the results at all but if a vote for Anthony Kay at 3 prompts a run-off because that one vote was the difference it's somewhat tedious. I don't really care either way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 am 
Blue Chipper

I think Kelenic might have the most potential but Andres Gimenez was NINTEEN for most of his time in AA this year. He's been solid in just about every level. Only injury will prevent from being a starting member of the lineup in the majors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm 
Blue Chipper

Gimenez for sure but the important thing is that this whole exercise will be much more fun than last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

bygranddesign wrote:
All 3 prospects are extremely close

Gimenez was ranked 56, Alonso (60), Kelebnic (64) according to MLB.com

Thats as close as you can get

It comes down to preference

Alonso is the big bat and most ready ... but he provides virtually no value other than the bat. And if there is any holes in his swing and MLB pitchers exploit it - he loses all value

Gimenez plays the premium position, has speed value, solid hitter with no glaring weaknesses ... but limited upside with the bat.. good floor but not a huge ceiling

I think his ceiling is pretty dang high. So it depends what you mean by 'huge ceiling'.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I admittedly haven't followed the minors (or majors, for that matter) closely the last 2 seasons. Who is Jarred Kelenic?

Just kidding. I voted for Kelenic. Highest upside, fits my 'likes' to a T. Huge upside, big gamble.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Keep voting!