MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is #2?
Poll ended at Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 am
Peter Alonso (1B)-AAA 67%  67%  [ 24 ]
Jarred Kelenic (CF)-Kingsport 33%  33%  [ 12 ]
Justin Dunn (RP)-AA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Write-in) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 36
Author Message
 Post subject: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83602
Location: New York, NY
Rookie maximums for at-bats (130), games pitched (30) or innings (50) in the major leagues"

If the 2 leaders are within 5% of each other, or the leader has less than 35% there will be a run-off between the top 2. If a run-off results in a tie the tiebreaker will be vote total in the previous poll, we will continue to "go back" in the polls until there is a clear leader.

*Jeff McNeil is ineligible
*Chris Flexen is ineligible

1) Andres Gimenez (SS) AA 19/37 votes- 51%

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27100
Location: NYC
pls add Mauricio


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83602
Location: New York, NY
HeyNowHK wrote:
pls add Mauricio



Noted. We will be going back to the traditional 10 options after this poll.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 837
Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
pls add Mauricio



Noted. We will be going back to the traditional 10 options after this poll.


Ok. I nominate Peterson, then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:30 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83602
Location: New York, NY
Hot Takes wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
pls add Mauricio



Noted. We will be going back to the traditional 10 options after this poll.


Ok. I nominate Peterson, then.



Peterson, Kay, Mauricio, Szapucki, 2 losers of this poll, Vientos, Kilome, Newton, Santana will be the 10 options in the next poll

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 404
Alonso over Kelenic only because he is so much closer to the majors.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 6867
Kelenic

Its close .. but like i said in the previous poll, I like my prospects to be well rounded - To have value in the field and on the basepaths

When a prospect is relegated to first base - there is a lot of pressure to produce with the bat at a very very very high level.

Rosario struggled with the bat ... but he is sticking because he has value as a baserunner .. and he plays a premium position. They can afford to wait to see if the bat emerges .. and if it does .. his value goes through the roof

Dom Smith hit .330 with a .905 OPS in AAA. He was a top 3 prospect. But .. he has struggled hitting in the majors - and his value absolutely plummets. And he is considered a GOOD defensive 1st basemen.

I think Alonso is a better hitter than Dom. I think his track record consistency shows he is a pretty well rounded hitter. Legit PLUS power. I worry a bit about the uptick in K-rate at AAA but its OK for a power hitter. And he puts up a good walk rate. But there is risk in having all your value dependent on your bat.

There is risk in Kelenic also being so far away .. its a close call .. but kelenic's athleticism translated to numbers already - 15 stolen bases only 1 CS. 6 triples, 10 doubles, 6 homers, 26 walks / 50 k's in 56 games (220 ab's). .839 OPS.
That's a very successful first season of pro ball. He had a couple of weeks in which he didn't hit .. and his k-rate is a little high. Besides that, there isn't much to pick apart. I'd love to hear more reports on his defense ... But even if he doesn't stick in CF, I think he will be a valuable asset defensively.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83602
Location: New York, NY
Jeff P put Kelenic's upside as between an above average regular and a star (didn't see the offensive carrying tool for stardom) and thought he had a solid shot to remain in CF but had the arm for RF.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:54 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27100
Location: NYC
Metro2007 wrote:
Jeff P put Kelenic's upside as between an above average regular and a star (didn't see the offensive carrying tool for stardom) and thought he had a solid shot to remain in CF but had the arm for RF.

I usually don't agree with JP but at least at this early stage, I'm on the same page. I see something like Denard Span with a better arm maybe. I'm just not sure there is a carrying tool. Doesn't mean there is a bad outcome from this, but seems more of just a solid across the board guy than an all-star. It's why the Kotsay comp also fits. But there is certainly time for the profile to improve/change.

I still think Brady Singer should have been the pick given the lack of high ceiling SPers in the org (or SPers at all).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27100
Location: NYC
bygranddesign wrote:
Kelenic

Its close .. but like i said in the previous poll, I like my prospects to be well rounded - To have value in the field and on the basepaths

When a prospect is relegated to first base - there is a lot of pressure to produce with the bat at a very very very high level.

Rosario struggled with the bat ... but he is sticking because he has value as a baserunner .. and he plays a premium position. They can afford to wait to see if the bat emerges .. and if it does .. his value goes through the roof

Dom Smith hit .330 with a .905 OPS in AAA. He was a top 3 prospect. But .. he has struggled hitting in the majors - and his value absolutely plummets. And he is considered a GOOD defensive 1st basemen.

I think Alonso is a better hitter than Dom. I think his track record consistency shows he is a pretty well rounded hitter. Legit PLUS power. I worry a bit about the uptick in K-rate at AAA but its OK for a power hitter. And he puts up a good walk rate. But there is risk in having all your value dependent on your bat.

There is risk in Kelenic also being so far away .. its a close call .. but kelenic's athleticism translated to numbers already - 15 stolen bases only 1 CS. 6 triples, 10 doubles, 6 homers, 26 walks / 50 k's in 56 games (220 ab's). .839 OPS.
That's a very successful first season of pro ball. He had a couple of weeks in which he didn't hit .. and his k-rate is a little high. Besides that, there isn't much to pick apart. I'd love to hear more reports on his defense ... But even if he doesn't stick in CF, I think he will be a valuable asset defensively.

So there is risk in every player who comes up at 1B. Most 1Bmen aren't viable elsewhere. Heck, you can credit the Phils for trying Rhys Hopkins in the OF but he was horrible out there and they're going to have to move Santana to shift Hopkins back to 1B.

And Dom was never the middle of the order bat that Alonso has been in the minors. And reports of his being a + 1Bman were simply not accurate. Dom will most likely wind up as a post-hype sleeper type over the next several years and prob with someone else. Kind of strikes me as similar to Max Muncy. But Muncy has come out of nowhere with the big season he's had. No one saw that coming. Not expecting that from Dom. And he's obviously not going to play 2B anywhere either. But it definitely helps him if he can be viable in LF/RF.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:02 pm
Posts: 656
Alonso. If things break right, that’s a middle of the order bat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is the #2 prospect in the Mets system?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:08 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83602
Location: New York, NY
I suspect things will get interesting after 3. Mauricio is my #4.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chinabox, degromination, Dog, ESPNhater, Genmet, HeyNowHK, Hilltop, jdawginsc, jdrnym, LTKfRGM, MarkJohnson>You, Metro2007, Metsfan980, MetsWhiz93, sluger11787, Spacetraveler, stevereiff, tejdog1, The Juice, VonRyansExpress, WhyMoveToTN and 129 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media