MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2019 ncaa season
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 am 
Rookie

Only a few days away from first official hacks of the new year. I love college baseball, wish I had gotten into it far sooner, and it has been a great distraction from an offseason of general negativity throughout the game at the MLB level. Any teams, players, regions that jump out to any of you guys this year, from a Mets or basic baseball POV?

Post subject: Re: 2019 ncaa season
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:29 am 
Legend of NYFS

I like watching players I'd like the Mets to draft throwing 140 pitches, and then coming in in relief 2 games later.......

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
Rookie

R Nitelight wrote:
I like watching players I'd like the Mets to draft throwing 140 pitches, and then coming in in relief 2 games later.......

8)

I used to worry bout that, and there have certainly been some collateral damage along the way as far as abused arms..... but honestly, the strategy of using kid gloves at the professional level does not seem to be helping with durability either. So for now at least, I side with the level that the focus is on grinding out every win possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 pm 
Rookie

Watching LSU game from last night, Daniel Cabrera looking like pro-version of Conforto. Stud sophomore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm 
Franchise Player

No idea what his draft stock is like, but KU catcher Jaxx Groshans (older brother of Blue Jays first rounder Jordan) is off to a ridiculous start.

12 for 26 with 6 HR, 14 RBI and 9 BB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 pm 
Rookie

The Juice wrote:
No idea what his draft stock is like, but KU catcher Jaxx Groshans (older brother of Blue Jays first rounder Jordan) is off to a ridiculous start.

12 for 26 with 6 HR, 14 RBI and 9 BB

Anytime you start with Adley Rutschman you've got a chance at a historic catching class, but Shea Langaliers could also be a top-10 pick. Kyle McCann is essentially replacing Joey Bart at Georgia Tech, and Groshans is crushing the ball too..... very interesting group

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm 
Franchise Player

Braves prospect Ian Anderson's twin brother Ben, a pitcher for D1 Binghamton, might be an interesting target at the middle/late rounds...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:46 pm 
Rookie

The Juice wrote:
Braves prospect Ian Anderson's twin brother Ben, a pitcher for D1 Binghamton, might be an interesting target at the middle/late rounds...

As someone who went to Binghamton for a few semesters, I approve.