MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Draft Thread 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

In case anyone visits this forum, NFL draft is tonight. Giants need a QB. Jets could trade down. Lots of reasons for the NY football fan to watch tonight.

Thoughts? Wishes? Anyone? There's no game tonight so . . . party at the NFL board.

Tap tap tap. Is this thing on?

Post subject: Re: NFL Draft Thread 2019
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm 
General Manager

As much as I have questioned Brodie and some of his moves this past offseason

That is NOTHING compared to the questionable move of getting Jones with the 6th pick by Gettlemen

What bothers me the MOST is the BS he was spouting before the draft -- how he didn't have to reach for anyone (including QB) -- that he just had to pick the best player available

That is the exact opposite of what happened

He had Jones on the top of the board in terms of QB -- fine -- I don't agree .. but fine

But you obviously REACHED -- you were INTENT on getting a QB -- because no way he should have been the best player available at that pick

Daniel Jones might be a decent QB -- but unless pretty much everyone else is wrong -- he is not a transformational talent.

And if you did have LOCK as 1B on your chart -- either one of those guys would have been there at 17 (or if you had to - you move up from 17)

But obviously they fell in love with Daniel Jones -- and what I am afraid of - is that this was an ownership/manning decision .. more than a pure football decision.