MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snakes @ Mets 9/10/19
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:30 pm 
Legend of NYFS

JDD out of the lineup again bc I guess FlavaFraz gotta play or something whack...

Post subject: Re: Snakes @ Mets 9/10/19
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Good news, Chris Mazza is back.

To anyone who talks org depth, keep in mind the Mets' pitcher recalls for expanded September rosters so far have been Tyler Bashlor, Daniel Zamora, Chris Mazza, and Drew Gagnon. 4 mopup guys. Can't even find an interesting arm or convert a starter into a short reliever to catch lightning in a bottle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:43 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

To anyone who talks org depth, keep in mind the Mets' pitcher recalls for expanded September rosters so far have been Tyler Bashlor, Daniel Zamora, Chris Mazza, and Drew Gagnon. 4 mopup guys. Can't even find an interesting arm or convert a starter into a short reliever to catch lightning in a bottle.

Thrilling. They're not even good mop up guys! DFA the dreck like Gagnon and Flexen and Mazza and add Blackham and Villines (yes, realizing the was crap at Syracuse, but still) I'm sick of seeing these same arms that we know can't get the job done being up here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:45 pm 
NYFS Staff

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

So strange that the two guys who had the best years in the minors didn't get recalled (Nogo, Oswalt).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

McNeil LF
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Rosie SS
Nimmo CF
Fraz 3B
Wheeler P

Can you possibly imagine them being so stubborn as to have Ramos catch the next Noah start now? I don’t really see what they’re gaining by playing hardball with Noah about this. Do you really want to alienate one of your elite young SPers? I don’t get it.

Oh, Mickey claims that JD “needs days off” and having him come off the bench gives gives the team a competitive advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
McNeil LF
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Rosie SS
Nimmo CF
Fraz 3B
Wheeler P

Can you possibly imagine them being so stubborn as to have Ramos catch the next Noah start now? I don’t really see what they’re gaining by playing hardball with Noah about this. Do you really want to alienate one of your elite young SPers? I don’t get it.

Oh, Mickey claims that JD “needs days off” and having him come off the bench gives gives the team a competitive advantage.

I hope they have Ramos as catcher EVERY START that Noah has from now till the end of the year. Noah is helping alienate ME from being a fan of his. I'm sick and tired of his crying.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:04 pm 
Franchise Player

HeyNowHK wrote:
McNeil LF
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Rosie SS
Nimmo CF
Fraz 3B
Wheeler P

I hope Ramos catches every freaking game for the rest of Noah's career.

Noah Syndergaard is a punk ass baby who is also a diva and a DeGrom wannabe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 pm 
Franchise Player

In this thread: Mets fans that want to see the Mets lose?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
McNeil LF
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Rosie SS
Nimmo CF
Fraz 3B
Wheeler P

Setting a precedent, likely.

Its no secret that Ramos is a trainwreck defensively. Its certainly why he was available at his price that everyone was sort of confused about this winter. The reputation of him being OK back there was way off.

That said, they need his bat. Nido and Rivera are basically giving outs away. And its not exactly being born out that the team sees any benefit playing them. I'm not saying Mickey citing Noah's W/L records with certain catchers was smart, but the facts are that the Mets are 14-19 with Nido starting; 59-45 when Ramos starts. What the pitchers may be losing, the lineup is gaining. So if its better for the team, why kowtow to Noah, especially when Noah really hasn't earned any "diva" treatment. What stops Matz and Wheeler for demanding the same, knowing it'll help their personal stats (even at the cost of team success)?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 pm 
NYFS Staff

sluger11787 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

So strange that the two guys who had the best years in the minors didn't get recalled (Nogo, Oswalt).

And Blake Taylor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:48 pm 
NYFS Staff

Steve The Original wrote:
I hope they have Ramos as catcher EVERY START that Noah has from now till the end of the year. Noah is helping alienate ME from being a fan of his. I'm sick and tired of his crying.

Did you have a problem with deGrom when he demanded to pitch to Mesoraco last year? Or earlier this year when he wanted to only throw to Nido?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
Steve The Original wrote:

Did you have a problem with deGrom when he demanded to pitch to Mesoraco last year? Or earlier this year when he wanted to only throw to Nido?

The difference w/ Mesoraco was you basically had 2 even catching options, and it was a matter of just lining up the one your ace was more comfortable with versus randomly deploying them. Right now you have a clear "better" option and its not always feasible to line up the inferior one with Noah because Noah wants his ERA to get lower.